10 highlights from my life
2021 has been full of ups and downs, but overall it’s been really good. That is unless you really think about the state of the world and where we all seem to be heading.
One of the things I love to do is reflect on the year that has passed. It’s one of my favorite traditions because it forces me to take a moment, recognize all the positives that I need to be grateful for and the negatives that I need to improve in my life before moving forward into the New Year.
My personal highlights of the last year include my friends and family. One thing I’ve learned is that these two things can never stop being important to me, even as my career becomes more demanding. I’ve also learned that there are so many amazing people out there who deserve recognition for their efforts in making the world a better place – including those who often go unrecognized.
Apart from that, looking back on the past year, these are the major highlights that I want to share with you:
- Started my sole proprietor business as a freelance translator.
- Expanded my professional network and collaborated with amazing companies.
- Wrote 50 articles on how to create a professional CV.
- Read 24 books.
- Rode a horse and went kayaking for the first time in my life.
- Pedaled in Gökçeada and went up to a mountain in a cable car.
- Obtained a motorcycle driver’s license.
- Got vaccinated.
- (Almost) fixed my long lasting sleeping problem.
- Started to learn Adobe Illustrator.
I’m excited to see what this year will bring, how we will grow and change in 2022. I have a lot planned and can’t wait to share them with you as well.
What are your highlights or top moments from 2021? Share below so we can celebrate together!
Great achievements, Tugba. I want to obtain a motorcycle driver’s license too someday! My highlight has been the purchase of a road bike to commute more by bicycle and less by car 🙂
Thank you for sharing Pat! Your highlight interestingly matches my top goal for 2022. I have a hybrid bicycle and want to go out biking this year as much as I can. 🙂